- Sign in Facebook to connect with Rockingham Gateway. Click the icon abov...
- A fisherman who encountered a great white shark in Cockburn Sound at the weekend has ...
- Two great white sharks were sighted around Cockburn Sound this morning. Fisheries a...
- As a result of four years of lobbying and consultation the Department of Environment ...
- The City is facilitating a certificate of competency in a Recreational Skippers Ticke...
Local Sea Rescue
Rockingham Volunteer Sea Rescue Group
Over the years the group has grown to a membership base of 450, 74 of whom are active in managing the group, skippering and crewing the boats, and of course, manning our radios and telephones 24 hours a day, 7 day a week, 365 day a year.
The duty crew man our rescue boats and are on stand-by for a period of 24 hours, with crews rotating over a 7 day period, 365 days a year, operating out of our modern building located at Point Peron. We also have administration staff who perform a variety of duties throughout the week, all of the above are volunteers.
Qualified members offer courses, including the Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency (MROCP); Recreational Skippers Ticket (RST); National Powerboat Handling Scheme Certificate and others.
- Postal Address PO Box 251 ROCKINGHAM WA 6168
- Telephone +61 8 9528 2222
- Fax +61 8 9592 4519
- Web www.rockinghamsearescue.org.au
Cockburn Sea Rescue
Cockburn Volunteer Sea Search and Rescue Group Inc. was formed in early 70's as a part of the original Cockburn Fishing Club located at Clarence Rocks which is now the site of the Tenix Ship Lifter. In 1983 we moved to our current premises within Cockburn Powerboat Association, during this time the Rescue Group broke away from the Cockburn Powerboat Association forming the Cockburn Volunteer Sea Search and Rescue Group Incorporated..
Our crew members, in order to maintain a high level of efficiency, are required to complete the following courses the required marine and safety skills. Our radio operators hold Marine Radio Operators Certificates of Proficiency and maintain a radio listening watch between the hours of 0700 and 2300 to provide assistance to sea going vessels and emergency assistance around the clock.
- The Commander Mike Graham
- Telephone 9410 1544 or 0409 103 029
- Web http://www.cockburnsearescue.org.au/